Monday, March 14, 2016

Spring fevers...

So much for spring fever...seems like everyone around here is getting a real fever...as in 102 degrees Fahrenheit...as in sick. :(  Caitlyn stayed home from school today, Ryan is working from home, Autumn made a quick recovery and went to afternoon kindergarten (in my defense, she never got above 100).  Kira and I are the last 2 standing.  I really hope they all get better soon...poor things...they had better not all be sick on my birthday!


Speaking of birthdays, here are some fun facts: Caitlyn and I have birthdays 2 days apart. Caitlyn shares a birthday with her grandma in India.  And Autumn shares a birthday with her grandma in Minnesota.  I guess God wanted to be fair to both grandmas!  After Caitlyn and Autumn were born, the grandpas started putting in orders (just kidding!)

And now, ladies and gentlemen, I'd like to announce the newest addition to our family...Coral!


She is a Betta fish, which I thought we could handle, seeing that they are about the easiest pet on the planet.  (She is really a he...isn't it a shame the males are always the pretty ones?)  This was the first birthday present for Caitlyn and me, which we got over the weekend. (We celebrate our birthdays all month long around here!)

Also (confession time) I ordered a present from Amazon, which came last Friday.  Isn't it beautiful?


I would have taken a picture of the waffles we made for breakfast yesterday, but they were gone too quickly!  If you come and visit us, I'll make some for you too!  :)

On a final note, we have started the herb garden, although we don't really know what we are doing. We are following the directions on the seed packets and hoping for the best!




Now we are starting to feel like Frog and Toad.  Do you remember that children's story where they plant seeds and then have such a hard time waiting that they start doing crazy things, like playing the violin to the seeds, reading poems to them, and yelling, "Now seeds, start growing!"  If we're lucky, we may have some seedlings by Easter...will keep you posted.

That's all for now.  Thanks for reading!
xoxo
KK





No comments:

Post a Comment